Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Still Sick

It's Wednesday and i'm still off work sick, I'll probably go to work on thursday tho my throat is feeling pretty crappy.
It's Sunday now. I went to work on Thursday and Friday.
Friday after work I went to the Rugby Club to watch The 'Canes v Highlanders game which was pretty bad and I nearly fell asleep! (This bar had Monteiths and Steinlager pure)
From their I made my way up to Oxford Street as I was meeting Di and Carol for dinner. I got there early so spent 30 or 40 minutes looking for a place to watch the 'Tahs v Chiefs game- the pub was seedy but I wasn't hasseled to buy a drink so I was happy and got to see about 20 minutes of the game.
So at 8:20 I headed off to Universal which is owned by Christine Manfield who is another chef book writer. I got their early so I walked in and got our table and looked like a loser waiting for those two- Carol is always late.
They arrived and we got a table away from the noise coming from the restaurant next door, got a few drinks and perused the menu. It's sort of a degustation menu in that the servings are small and so you can try a few things. I had a tamarind veal salad with betel leaf and sweet & hot dressing- once the heat kicked in it really kicked my ass! That was nice. I had Wagyu beef tongue salad which was nice too. For desert a layered trifle type thing with raspberries on top.
We all enjoyed the food and service. Yes it was expensive.
On Saturday about midday we headed off to Westfield Bondi , the traffic was really bad and took us an 1 hour and 15 mins to get there!! This shopping Centre is huge and I wasn't in need of anything so I just potted about pricing some mobile phones, car stereos and big screen T.V.'s.
Went to a little Japanese homeware store for a bite- Di got a very nice looking Udon with prawns and I just got some sushi.
Left Bondi and got home 5 ish.

7:15 and I headed off to my local to watch the Crusaders v Brumbies game- ran into two guys I knew and sat with them watching the game. Got a burger ($15.50) and a pint of Guiness ($6.50) to get me thru to 9:30. (I intended to give up beer for six months but that's on hold at the mo!)

Sunday: Had a little sleep in and a late breeky, went to Summer Hill for a coffee and get some groceries.

Bessie' illness has reoccured but she has seen a doctor - Carol has decided to stay on a bit longer cause of this- hopefully Bessie gets better as it's her birthday on the 13th of March.

That's about it- we're just sitting around doin nought which is nice as I have work next sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts