Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wednesday the 28th of October

Another late start to the day- eventually we had a coffee somewhere.
At 3:45 there was a few soccer games on so I went to a place called Nevada Smiths to check it out.
The teams playing were Liverpool v Arsenal and Chelsea v Bolten, at the same time they had a game on from Germany and a game on from Italy! Only the sound for the Arsenal game was up and the Chelsea game was on downstairs.
As time went by the pub was about 80-90% full and people started singing and chanting, especially when a goal was scored. The Italian game was Naples v Milan, and Naples came from behind to draw the game 2-2- the noise and excitement a couple of dozen Italians made when Naples got their 2nd goal was amazing! And the Liverpool game was really good even tho they lost 2-1.
It was about 6 as I left there and headed south to a bar called Hop Devil Grill on St Marks place.
This is another craft beer place I wanted to check out and luckily for me I made it in time for there 4 hour happy hour! I ordered some food and a nice organic IPA. Had a nice porter after that and made it back to the apartment just on 8pm, in time for the base ball.
The World series baseball is on and I don't understand the rules yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts