Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Friday 16th OCTOBER


This is what I put on Facebook:
"Ok we are in NYC-I'm @ the Apple store as we don't have the Internet connected yet.
The flight from Sydney was sweet but the connecting flight was a big pain- not enuf security were on service to clear us for our flight to NY and so we were queing with minutes to go - luckily they held the plane for us and others that were in the same predicament.
We luckily bumped into Carol while we were searching for our bags- which was another drama! So Carol took us to the city and we went out for dinner.
Still, the apartment is good
It's cold- 6 or 7 degrees.
OK more later"
I also posted this at about the same time:

I reckon the weird expposure makes this photo neat!
Helloween is big here in NYC.
we saw this display at the Chelsea Market (cnr of 9th Ave & 16th St) the building use to be a biscuit factory- Oreo's were made there- now it's foodie heaven with all sorts of deli's & markets. We had a lite brekkie in one place and while we were eating a group of people came in on a food tour- they all had a glass of chocolate milk that sounded like it was very nice.
After a look around at a few delis and du purchased a couple of mini pumpkins to get in the festive mood- we braved the cold, a high of 7 degrees, and walked back to the apartment.
Di felt like a nap so I thought I'd go and sort out my iPhone.
Waked to 6th av and 17th St and popped into an AT&T (phone company) to see about there plans-the only thing they could do for me was $100 for calls and text and no data- the guy said your better off trying T-Mobile which was across the road. They could give me locals calls, text, date and cheap calls to Aus & NZ but it was still going to cost $100! Still I knew this and signed on. We put the sim card in but the phone wouldn't recognize it even after heaps of rebboots! After a bit of discussion they said that maybe it may take a couple of hours to connect to the network - also they questioned if the phone was unlocked - they said they would refund me if it doesn't connect after a couple of hours.
So I went for a walk- I checked out this grocery store on 17th for everyday basics-it was OK, not particuarly cheap but convenient.
Next it was down to the Apple store on 9th and 14th to see if they could help- the guy I spoke to was very helpful but all the same their was nothing Apple could do for me.
I used the wireless to add a post to Facebook and check the weather-took off to the apartment.
Di was napping still-so I filled out my lotto and headed up to the T-Mobile store to get my refund- that took a while but I got the cash.
Came back to the apartment and it was time to eat.
We headed up 7th and found this busy little French restaurant- it was nice, I had lamb shoulder and di had pork.
On the way two girls stopped us to ask for direction to get to Union Square- I said down to 14th and catch the L train across- simple. That was my odd new York moment for the day!
We went to the market closest to the apartment and got a few things for brekkie and I got a beer- a Laguintas IPA which was very nice- di thought it was horrid and not what a beer should taste like.
I tried to hook up the internet but it didn't happen- bedtime.
Don't know if I won 200 million $'s in Lotto."

No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts