Sunday, October 25, 2009

Friday the 23rd of October

I think we had a bit of a sleep in- the weather has dropped down a bit for today.
We caught the subway to 86th Street to the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum going past the Guggenheim on the way. The building is amazing- it was owned by Andrew Carnegie and we tried to imagine what it would of been like to live in- each room had it's own feel to it.
The exhibition was quite good, included some iPods and more stuff can't remember.
After a look around, which was free as it was National Design Week, we headed south to a a church we saw on the way, called "Church of the Heavenly Rest" which had it's own little cafe basically in the church itself. We grabbed a sandwich and coffee and then had a quick squiz around.
We caught the train and went seperate ways at 14th street- Di went home and I made my way to The Bowery- specifically to The Beer Room @ Wholefoods Market.
They have about 1000 different beers for sale! Where as in Sydney I'm always dissapointed with bottle shops, here i was overwhelmed, so much so that i couldn't make up my mind and left empty handed! oh well i'll have to go back next week!

got back to the apartment.....
Since it's Friday it's Date nite, so we went to 5 9th Restaurant for dinner. We sat out under a awning but it rained so i shifted my seat.... Di had beetroot carpaccio and I had goats cheese tart for entree and for main Di had Lobster in foam butter and I had a lovely lamb shank.
Dessert was creme brulee for Di and molten chocolate cake for me. Mmmm super.
Had a glass of Californian Cab Sav that was faultless.
Had to catch a taxi home 'cos it was wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts