Monday, October 26, 2009

Saturday the 24th of October

Slow and late start to the day.
I went and got some takeaway coffee's which are just so-so here and usually over priced.
Di was tired so I decided to venture out by myself.
Went to Rattle & Hum Bar.... this is another bar I was hoping to get to and try some of their rotating beers. They had some Rogue beers on tap so I tried a couple of them... I got a tasting flight of 4 different beers but it wasn't exactly clear what glass was what, so I had to guess.
I also ordered some mini burgers which are made up of a long bun cut up to inch and half pieces with a little meat Pattie with a bit of sauce on top. I got 5 of them for $13.
It started to get a bit busy 'cos a college football game was own.
So I go back to the apartment.
Carol and Millie arrived 6 or so and Di and I got changed and we headed out to find a place for dinner. It was a bit wet but we headed towards the Meatpacking District and managed to get into The Standard Grill. We had an Aussie waiter.
I had Iceberg lettuce with blue cheese and bacon for an entree, which was super.
Swordfish for my main, something I've never tried before- it was pretty good, fairly raw and sparsely presented.
For dessert the three of us shared a bowl of chocolate mousse that was delivered with three spatula's!
We walked back in the rain- the rain was wet, yes wet I tell you.
Carol went up to stay with Ben and we looked after Millie who much to my horror is use to sleeping on the same bed as Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts