Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Week starting 16th of March

On Monday after work Di, Perry and myself walked to Perry's place in the Cross. Carol was outside Perry's waiting for us.
It was a lovely evening and from Perry's balcony you can look at the harbour and across the city. We had a bottle of bubbly and went looking for somewhere to eat- we ended up at Macleay Street Bistro which got busier as the nite went on. I had (wild) Barramundi which was very nice.
We caught a cab home and it was 10:30 or so-fairly late for us.
Tuesday. Carol heads back to New York today on a 11 o'clock flight. We got to the airport just on 9am-perfect timing by me! Carol went thru to customs a bit after 10 and we head off home.
We decided to take the TV to the technician- it was really heavy and awkward to take down the stairs and we had to put it in the boot with the lid tied up with wire.
I drove it around the corner to the tech guy- it ends up he's going on holidays starting this saturday! (I spoke to him today-$250 to fix it)
On Monday I saw an article in The Sydney Morning Herald website about Delta airlines offering cheap flights to the US- we were waiting on these! I did a quick check then and there and it ended up being $1100 return, including taxes!! So, on Monday nite I tried making a booking but the last step wouldn't work. I tried again last nite and I was able to get a ticket for Di but had problems with the credit card transaction trying to get my ticket.
So after nite shit on Tuesday I tried to make the bookings again and finally after speaking to my credit card/Mastercard people that the security alarm went off on my card 'cos I was making a big overseas transaction. It was a real headache and it was stressing me out!
Today at work I spent another hour on the phone and I still haven't got to the bottom of it.
Bottom line is: Di and I are going to New York in October!! Yahoo, it's been a long time coming.
The exchange rate isn't great but who knows what will happen between now and then.

Got the TV fixed-turned up to the guys shop about 5:30 and convinced the guy to help me take it home...went in his van and he and I carried it up the stairs into our apartment. Yeah!
Went to Volleyball and although our team defaulted due to lack of players I still had a game for almost two hours! I was knackered! Got home @ 10 went to bed after a shower.
I had work on Friday, but Di had the day off.
After work I went to The Rugby Club to watch the 'Canes lose and then came home.
Saturday had a bit of a sleep in and then a coffee. Di and I went to a BBQ with some Volleyball people in Kingsgrove. We stayed for a a few hours and had a nice time.
Came home a bit tired as it was quite a hot day- had some dinner and I went to the local pub to watch the Crusaders v Warratahs game- it was pretty exciting, the Crusaders won!
On Sunday we headed to Coogee again- got their about 11 ish and after 5 mins found a great park just across from the beach for free for 4 hours. It was really nice- I went for 1 swim.
Came home and took it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts