Sunday, March 15, 2009

TV Blew Up!

So, this week Di went to Dapto on Monday morning with Carol for the week.
I was left to fend for my wee self!
Eventually I cooked and prepared my own meals but I did have pizza for lunch and diner over a day or too!
I made a butter curry which was unimpressive and likewise so was the Greek Salad I made with ingredients that just weren't quite fresh enuf. Oh, well, nevermind.
On Thursday I was getting ready to go to Volleyball and thought I'd check the weather report on TV and then it happened. The TV made a fairly loud electrical sparking sound, the picture decreased to just the centre of the screen and then disappeared altogether! And then it started to smell- so i turned off the remote and switched it off at the wall! Bugger.
I had Friday off so I went to see a technician nearby and told him what happened and he gave me the impression it wasn't that uncommon and it should be repairable, so I'm not sure when I can take it to him which means we'll be without a TV for a little while.
Friday the 13th was Bessie's birthday so I drove down and got to Dapto for midday- picked up Di and drove to Wollongong to pick up Tim and his new girlfriend Emma who wasn't feeling well so I didn't get to meet her. We then went to The Lagoon and Carol eventually arrived with Bessie and Harold. We all had a nice lunch and a nice time was had by all.
We then returned to Dapto, I got some groceries at the Mall and came back to watch the footy(Blues v Cheetahs). We stayed to watch the first game of league between the Melbourne Storm and The St. George Illawarra Dragons which was quite good and ended up with a Golden Point win to The Storm.
So we left late and got home late.
Got up at 7am for an early weekend shift- Di started at 9:30 and me at 9:45. We had to get a train as their was something going on in the city with roadblocks in place. I finished at 2:45 and we got a train back.
Carol came up from Dapto and at about 7:30 ish we took off for a bite- we decided to go to The Bondi Iceburgs which has a flash part and a RSL club part. We had dinner in the RSL part which was nice with a table looking out to see and lots of lightning flashing about. We then went to the flash part for a drink which was nice too. The valet was $35!! Got home and crashed.
Sunday, we got up late and decided to go to the beach- I suggested we try Coogee. We took off about 12 without knowing exactly how to get there and hit a bit of traffic on the way- it takes so long to get anywhere in Sydney!
We managed to get a great park near the beach and unlike Bondi they are free! It was very nice.
I went for a swim and got dumped onto my chest! I might be sore tomorrow.
But it was a lovely end to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts