Monday, June 8, 2009

Super Short Week (starting 8th June)



I missed a week.... we worked to 6pm most nites. The Aussie $ made it to 82 cents US and has gone down since, hopefully it will work it's way up and we'll get some $ exchanged.

Di and Perry went to Bangkok on Friday evening- poor Di woulda been fretting about the flight even more with the news this week about the French Air plane crashing just off Brazil- but they both seemed fairly relaxed.
So the toilet seat is up, there's a pile of dishes and hardly any lights on! (I have used the clothes dryer-don't tell Di tho!)
I've been doin nothing at all. I guy at work lent me some Henry Rollins Show DVD's, a triple set no less. I checked a site and found a Sinead O'Connor video from the show on the net, quite good.
I meet up with a friend (Jacko) on Saturday a 5 ish at The Golden Barley for a beer and a chat-as I was leaving this guy yelled out "Grig, is that Grig?" I felt pretty stink but I had to say hello to the guy who was um, pretty jovial- his name is Craig Morebeers- i don't know his real last name. It seemed quite a good pub (it's big and old style mostly) actually as my friend knew quite a few people and in general people seemed friendly.
I also made up another Google Map of places to go for good coffee in Manhatten:


View Coffee NYC in a larger map

Di and Perry get back on Thursday morning- i'll pick them up and we have no work to the Monday- so that's good.
My father and his partner are coming over in early July so i'll take a long weekend off when they are over too.
Today is Queens birthday, it's 4:30 and I'm going to The Local for a couple and a burger then i'm going to watch a game of leugue and come home and watch a repeat of Flight of The Conchords on SBS at 9pm. Great Plan!!
That worked out fine.
Today, Weds was uber cold for Sydney, a high of 16 but with wind chill the news said it was about 8 degrees! But with clear blue skies, bewdaful. It's meant to be the same tomorrow so Di and Perry are in for a fright!
They got a fright alright. We did nothing on thursday, went to Dapto on friday and didn't do much on Saturday either. The All Blacks lost to France 27 to 22- fuckin hell!

Oh, the pic at the top is of a phones that we might get while we are in New York, it's from Verizon who have the best coverage and service in the States, and only for $20 US!

Today, we went to see Hangover- it was hilarious, I was in tears a couple of times.
That was our weekend- even tho it was 4 days long it didn't seem like it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts