Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm excited!

So we have reserved a Studio at The Chelsmore (flickr photo's here) , I'm uber excited to the point of distraction!
So excited that I spent a few hours online the other nite trying to suss out Supermarket's near where we will be staying, which is the same place we stayed at in 2004.
Yes, I said Supermarkets.

View Groceries NYC in a larger map.

Also I bookmarked a butcher called Big Apple Meat Market which is up in the touristy area (42nd st) but not everyone knows about it- I found out about it on Yelp.
The other thing I've been doing is: I downloaded a map of The NYC Subway and I've been trying to work out how to get from A to B- with a little help from Google Maps, see below:

View Larger Map

According to the above I walk from the Apartment to (A) the 14th St Station @ 7th Avenue of the 1 2 3 (red) line and catch the train to Christopher St- sweet! {This is a (B) bar that I really want to go to-so I'm over the moon it is so close.}
See how close we are to 3 major lines! So that's pretty bloody handy!
We could quite easily catch the train from JFK to the Apartment- just one change and onto the L train and we're there! (might look into that, tho not really what ya want after been on a plane for 24hrs!).
And if we take our laptops and have internet hooked up it'll really just be like home but we'll be in NEW YORK!!

Fri nite: my team lost 14-10. We're out of the finals.
Saturday: Di had a 9:45-1:45 shift so I took her to work in the car. Got home and pottered about then I caught the bus (trackwork in Summer Hill) to The Local Taphouse which took an hour and a quarter! Not long after it started pouring down. I sat down and read for a bit and had 3 beers- an American India Pale Ale(Feral Hop Hog) that was delish, a Pilsener that was pretty good and a Chocolate Stout that was pretty damn good too! I drank lots of water and had a nice old time.
Today, Sunday, I had work @ 12 which is just as well 'cos I stayed up to 1pm+ to watch the footy at the pub- The Crusaders lost-bugger! Work was so so. I left @ 5 and went to The Local to have a beer and wait for Di to arrive from Dapto- we got some groceries came home and had dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts