Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week starting April 13th

It's Tuesday already. It's almost 11 and Di hasn't got up and made my coffee!
We did nothing yesterday- the weather wasn't great.

In the 80's in NZ a movie called "Goodbye Pork Pie" was released- it was about a couple of guys who took a stolen Mini from Auckland to Invercargill and the hi-jinks that happens on the way. Since it's the Mini's 50th birthday, a car club in NZ has arranged a fun drive fundraiser that tracks the trail of said movie. I mention this because my Dad is on this trip with an old mate of his at the moment- i got a text from him today. It sounds fun!
My Duvel t-shirt arrived in the post- thanx Carol. (I look hot in it!)
Thursday:my volleyball team has a bye. After work I walk to my accountants place and pick up my tax refund, then walk up to The Cross and catch a train to Bondi. Di's paying off a lamp still.
Di and I get a BBQ Pork Soup- it was delish! Perry Goulder gets a foccacia and finished off Di's soup! We have a look around- Perry thinks i'm ill 'cos I didn't buy anything!

This week marks 6 months till we go to New York!! Any thoughts on what we should do/see/eat/drink? I reckon a big part of a trip is plotting and planning what you will or might do. When we went in 2004 I went to a bar (by myself) that i'd heard about on the net (go here) and since then I've heard of more bars (here, here, here, here and here) that have lots of US/Euro (craft) beers on tap that I wanna check out. They have good happy hours too, which makes it not too pricey! Di's sister lives near a bottle store that sells beer only- imagine that, beer only! So cool. (And it's run by a scary chick!) I'm going to work out a list of beers months in advance that I wanna get that you just never see over here.
This is my short list of bars:
View New York Bars I wanna visit in a larger map
This is an exhaustive list of bars, breweries and bottle shops:

View Beer Demystifier New York City in a larger map

Tonite I went to watch the Blues v Highlanders game- quite entertaining.
Saturday: got up late, had a coffe and next thing you know it's time to go & watch The 'Canes play (3:30 sydney time)- as per usual they took a while to really get on top, but hey a win is a win! Did nothing Sat. nite.
Sunday: Di slept in forever then we got a coffee. Got some groceries in Leichhardt and that was our weekend.
Work is getting busy so I figure this could be a long week coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eToro Charts